$ 12.00 USD
G O O D • TO • K N O W
- Fits full size glue guns
- Measures 4” long, 11 mm diameter
- Make 8-9 seals per stick with our 25mm wax seal stamp
- Make 6-7 seals per wax stick with our 30mm wax seal stamp
- Hand-poured in small batches using 100% North American ingredients
- Flexible, high quality, holds up well in the mail
H O W • T O
- Use with a low-temperature glue gun. 1 trigger pull should suffice for a 25mm wax stamp and 1.5 trigger pulls for a 30mm wax stamp. Also works with a wax spoon and candle.
- Place the wax stamp evenly (avoid tilting) on top of the hot wax.
- Let go and let the stamp sink and settle into the wax.
- Once the seal edge has formed, press down carefully to set the stamp and stop any sliding movements.
- Wait for the wax to harden and cool completely.
- Gently peel the stamp off the wax. Admire.
P R O • T I P S
- Chill wax stamp on ice in between seals. Dry completely on clean cloth before using again.
- Use a handheld mini fan too help quicken the wax cooling process when making a lot of seals.
- When you notice the wax getting too hot and bubbly, unplug your glue gun to let it cool. You can keep using your unplugged glue gun and plug it back in when the wax gets too thick.
- Avoid leaving your gun on for prolonged periods of time (10-15 minutes max.).
S E A L I N G • W A X • F A Q S
Q: How many seals can I make with a stick of sealing wax?
A: You can make around 6-8 seals with a stick of glue gun wax, when used with our 30mm wax stamp. Make around 9-10 seals with our 25mm wax stamp.
Q: What are the benefits of using glue gun wax?
A: You can make seals easier and faster with our glue gun wax than regular sealing wax. You can even make large batches of seals to use later.
Q: What types of material can I use my wax seal on?
A: You can use your wax seal directly on most paper products.
Paper with a heavy wax coating, such as vellum, might not adhere to the wax seal well. You can use a double-sided adhesive to apply your wax seal to this type of paper. You can also use double-sided adhesive to place your seals on various types of materials such as wood and glass.
Q: How can I change wax colors properly on my glue gun?
A: It takes around two to three sticks of the new wax color to flush out the previous color from your glue gun. You can also use two to three sticks of clear hot glue to push out one color before using a new one.
Injecting a new color without flushing out the old one will create a unique marbling effect of both colors.
For your convenience and to keep colors pure, you can opt to use different glue guns for different wax colors.
Q: Can the envelopes with wax seals be mailed via the post office?
A: Yes! Our glue gun wax is modern, flexible, and mailable.